Q1. Why is it so important to charge before use?
A) Our mini-fan has a high quality lithium-ion battery. As with all such batteries, they must be properly charged – just as you would your Smartphone or Tablet computer. To get proper use and battery life – it is important to train them to cycle from a fully charged to nearly dis-charged state.
Q2. Sometimes the unit won’t start?
A) If your BlowMeCool is acting weird it could be:
1. The battery is low and needs charging.
2. You are not waiting 1 second after you click the small button near the nose of the device to turn it on. It takes one second to activate! I have watched some women impatiently turn it on and off many times before they give it one last click in exasperation – then are surprised to see it start.
3. The unit is switched into a weird “mode”. Simply holding down the on/off button for 5 seconds to activate the flashlight also resets the unit. Try it – it should work properly after a reset.
Q3. The propeller fell off ! Should I through it away?
A) NO – we designed BMC so that the back grill can be removed to facilitate cleaning, including removing the propeller for cleaning. Please watch our How To Video on Cleaning in the Video section. It’s easy (once you know how) to press the propeller back into place. All you need is a ballpoint pen or similar pointy thingy to remove the grill.
Q4. I wiggled the USB cord to pull it loose from the unit and I snapped off the connector.
A) We show in a video how to properly connect and disconnect the cord. It is best with a pinching motion to pull the cord straight back from the connector. Nevertheless, if you wiggle and break the connector please send it back and we will replace your BlowMeCool. We stand behind our mini-fan as a robust durable product.
Q5. The flashing light to indicate that the unit’s battery is low doesn’t work on my BlowMeCool?
A) It probably does, but it only flashes about 5 minutes before the battery is discharged. If you miss it – the problem is that it does not keep flashing continuously. We will change this in our next production run so that it provides a better warning. The best answer is to plug your BlowMeCool in at the end of each day just like your cell phone. Depending upon the amount of use, perhaps it is every second or third day that you should plug it in for charging (like most things – it’s a matter of forming the right habits).
Operation and Use
- FULLY CHARGE the battery (approximately 100 minutes) before use!
- Press the small On/Off button to start fan,
- Direct air as desired.
- Be sure fingers or objects do not to block the intake of air, this will reduce the airflow and effectiveness.
- The LED serves as a flashlight when the On/Off button is pressed continuously for over 5 seconds
- LED blinks to indicate the need for battery recharge – note fan on/off can be inconsistent if the battery is not fully charged
- Dimmed, rapid flashing of LED during recharge
- The battery is fully charged, when the LED light shines brightly and the USB cord is still connected